Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Damn Tuesdays

Today has been one of those days when I had to drag myself to office. My butt refused to get out of bed, I was lying there thinking of all the excuses I could use to stay at home; food poisoning, grandfather died (5th time), cousins wedding, flat tire, loosies etc… I’ve used all these excuses in the past and nobody is going to fall for any of them. So finally I reached work at 11:30am, felt a little on the wrong side of the law for doing that, but I guess its ok for once, bearing in mind the number of times the rest of the staff do it.
Being a HR professional, the job can be relatively glamorous from the outside. Most people think it is as simple as “Hire and Fire”, only HR guys will know the real struggle.

4 comments:

Deepa said...

Nice cartoon! hope you have a better day today!

The PaUnCh said...

today was worse...had to shuffle between offices for meetings.

Aleta said...

Lol at the cartoon. There is no true "HR" department for my work, as it's a small locally owned company. When one person misses a day, it upsets the apple cart. Sometimes I wish I could be one of those people who could play hookey from work.... Lol

The PaUnCh said...

aleta - yeah...i know what its like in a smaller company, i guess it makes a differance when people take off, it probably affects the business.